|Molly loved watching Signing Storytime|
I had never been to Kid Ventures before but have gone to similar type places around town. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the layout of the location. There was an eating area in the center of the room and a KV snack area to the left. To the right there were two strutures that can't be missed. A huge castle and pirate ship! Kids were laughing and smiling all around me as they ran in the castle and slid down the slide attached.
|The cafe and layout of the rooms|
The theme for this month's signing story time is Sea Life so Joann cleverly went with a Celebrate The Sea theme. We listened to a Hullabaloo song about the sea and then Joann read an adorable book by Karen Katz called Where's Baby's Beach Ball? Since we read Where's Baby's Belly Button? to M already she was very interested in the story.
Throughout signing story time Joann signed along with the book and the music. The children were very interested in watching her through the whole thing and would get excited when they heard or saw something they recognized. M stayed pretty interested in the signing but after a little it she wanted to explore. She loved all of the friendly faces around her and felt right at home with the fun energy that came with a room full of excited children.
|Sign4Baby's Signing Storytime|
After a very fun storytime and scavenger hunt a raffle was held for those who chose to purchase raffle tickets. All of the proceeds for the raffle went to the San Diego Center for Children. There were many prizes being raffled off. Some of them included the following:
- 6 week session of Sign, Play & Learn
- (2) 3M Shoot n Share camcorder projectors
- SEA Life Aquarium tickets
- Parents Night Out at Kid Ventures
- One day of Kid Ventures Day Camp
- (2) GCs for a 30 minute facial by Firefly Wellness
- $25 gift card to See Kai Run sponsored by Red Tricycle
|Pickle and the KV Pirate|
The only drawback I found was that there wasn't a labeling or numbering system where you child and you have identification to prove that you belong to one another. I don't make it a habit to take my eyes off my kids but if there was a distraction
- Kid Ventures is a socks only facility (this includes babies)
- They have two San Diego locations — Pacific Beach & Eastlake
- They have drop-in times, camps and classes where parents and children can participate together
- The Parents’ Cafe has a selection of drinks, salads and sandwiches available for purchase, and the seating area is within a few “footfalls” from where their children are playing
- Adults must stay with their children, as they are not a child care or child services facility
- And the best part... Sign4Baby will be offering their sign language classes at this location soon!
|Molly and her buddie, Elodie|
*** Disclaimer: In exchange for this blog post I was offered free admission to the event (but didn't have to use it since non-walking babies are free) and 6 raffle tickets to enter the drawing. This in no way altered my opinion of Sign4Baby or Kid Ventures ***