Dear E: Twelve Weeks



You are almost 3 months old, baby boy! You are getting so much more aware of your surroundings and love looking around at everything. You are getting more and more fascinated with the world around you. When you wake up in the morning you want to look around and make sure that Mommy and Daddy are there right by you then you give us a big grin as if to say, "Good Morning!"

You have become more aware of your fingers and your tongue. You like to suck on your fingers a lot and sometimes even pull out your pacifier to suck on your fingers instead. They must taste really good :) And Mommy has been making funny faces at you all week to see what you would do and guess what? You started sticking your tongue out (see picture above for the pre-tongue pose)! YUP! Daddy wasn't too impressed and refuses to stick his tongue out at you (especially in church when you really wanted to do it) but I love it. You even woke up from a nap yesterday and when Daddy went to go pick you up you looked at him, smiled and than stuck your tongue out at him! Ha! Love it!

This past week was the last week I had on maternity leave and I have to start work tomorrow :( I am sooo sad about leaving you but Daddy is going to watch you for four weeks so you guys will have some time to bond. I'm sure you'll do great with him. It is surely harder on me than it will be on you.

We had breakfast with Auntie J and Charlie, ran some errands but mostly stayed home and enjoyed each other. You now take most of your naps in bed with almost no help from me and you also go to sleep at night easily. You still wake up 2-3 times a night (although last week you gave me two nights of waking up only once) but Mommy doesn't mind since you're so peaceful when you wake up. No crying for you!

This weekend we went to Grandma Ann's parish festival and hung out with the aunts at their booth, Clara's Lollipop Garden (a tribute to your great grandma). It was fun to see all of the aunts and to help them a bit with the booth. Today after church we headed over to Einstein's Bagels for breakfast and you fell fast asleep in the car (!), something you never do. You're getting more and more tolerable of car rides now that you can look out the window and keep yourself occupied.



I have loved every moment I've spent with you these last 12 weeks and will truely miss the time I have had with you. I wish I could stay with you 24-7 and not have to leave you with anyone else. You are the happiest baby I know and I love you!

0 comment(s) with love: