Project Post Card

I don't like to get too political on my blog (when am I ever very political?). However, I can't resist posting about this.

I just saw this post on one of the cooking blogs I have in GR (Elizabeth's Cooking Experiements) about Project Postcard. The plan is very simple: they urge people to send President-elect Obama a postcard from your state or city and urge him to work with Congress to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act. For those of you who aren't familiar, DOMA is a federal law, enacted in 1996 by President Clinton, that says, basically, two things:
  1. No state (or other political subdivision within the United States) need treat a relationship between persons of the same sex as a marriage, even if the relationship is considered a marriage in another state.
  2. The Federal Government may not treat same-sex relationships as marriages for any purpose, even if concluded or recognized by one of the states.
I urge everyone that values human rights to join me in participating. This link will tell you how:
Project Postcard

1 comment(s) with love:

Miranda said... Reply To This Comment

I get so excited checking your progress pics! It's like post-secret for me x348940803093. Look at that belly! Is it all firm and in the way???? love you!