Weight Watchers: Making a Decision

In November, after around two months of grieving, I decided to become proactive for when we started to try again. I joined Weight Watchers with my best friend, Miranda, and her mom. The first week I lost 4 pounds! By December 23rd I had lost 10 pounds total and by March 16th I had lost 20 pounds. To date I have lost a total of 23 pounds and have lost 10% of my total start weight.

The reason why I started Weight Watchers was because Joseph and I decided that if I made it to my goal weight than we would try to have a baby. I thought it was the perfect plan. I needed to loose a total of 60 pounds and gave myself two years to do so.

Weight Watchers has been great. It's a true support system and the women in my meeting are very inspirational. Everyone is there for each other and our leader, Wendy, is great. I don't know what I am going to do without them during this pregnancy. I've been contemplating staying on plan until after my 13th week so that I can maintain my weight.

When I first got pregnant my doctor told me that because I am considered obese I shouldn't really gain any weight. I figured that only being 23 pounds lighter would probably mean that I shouldn't gain any weight this pregnancy either. I'll find out when I go to my first doctor's appointment.

0 comment(s) with love: