Mommy, Where's the Butt Hole?


Through our potty training adventures my son has grown quiet curious about his underwear. Which way they go on, which way is backwards, and why underwear even has to be worn.

Our most recent ventures have included defining what the little hole is for...

A few months ago my son realized that the front of his underwear had a hole. He immediately asked what it was for and I had to explain that it was for his penis. That some boys choose to use this hole when they go pee pee so they don't have to take down their underwear.

"So it's a penis hole, right?" He asked. Yup. A penis hole.

After we clarified what a penis hole was, every time he put on his underwear he asked if the penis hole went in the front or in the back. And I'd reiterate that the penis hole went in the front. Because his penis was there.

A few weeks passed and we began our daily routine of getting dress.

Again, my son asked which way was front and which way was back. I asked him to look for the penis hole and to put that in front. He sat down, pulled up his undies, stood up, and looked down.

"Mommy, is there a butt hole too?"

Umm... no, honey, your underwear does not have a butt hole too. But thanks for the laugh!

22 comment(s) with love:

Headant said... Reply To This Comment

Maybe he would like some of those pajamas with the flap!

tonygreene113 said... Reply To This Comment

lol..that's too funny

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Oh the joys of potty training and raising BOYS! lol. I must say they are quite different from my little girl. I raised and potty trained two boys and my baby girl is NOTHING like them. lol. I'm feeling a little lost cause I'm used to training boys.

Danielle S said... Reply To This Comment

That is just so funny! Ha!

Danielle @ Royalegacy

Tiffany: Diva Locks said... Reply To This Comment

hahaha! that was funny! I would have enjoyed that laugh too :)

Christy said... Reply To This Comment

LOL...my son asked why his underwear had a pocket! gotta love kids

Actingbalanced said... Reply To This Comment

I agree with Headant - the first thing I thought of was the unionsuit long underwear with the flap...

Gena said... Reply To This Comment

haha! does anyone REALLY use that hole anyway? really? Hmm..... maybe. LOL! Too funny!

JanetGoingCrazy said... Reply To This Comment

OMG!! I should not have read that at work because I just LOL'd in my cubicle!! I love little boys sooooo much!!!!! :) But not in a creepy way.. :/

Michelle and Lakeon said... Reply To This Comment

LOL, this is too cute! We have a house of girls so we always say, "tag goes in the back!"

Emily Stephens said... Reply To This Comment

Boys are awesome! They say the funniest things! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Kathleen said... Reply To This Comment

Oh gosh! Is that what I have to look forward to? I don't know if I'm ready for penis questions (my boy is 16 months old)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

I love discussions with 3 year olds - so curious - so honest - so laughable!

Amy said... Reply To This Comment

Haha. That is too funny! Thanks for making my evening.

LOVE MELISSA:) said... Reply To This Comment

That is too funny. You should link this up on my Sat laughs!

LOVE MELISSA:) said... Reply To This Comment

That is too funny. You should link this up on my Sat laughs!

Diane said... Reply To This Comment

Aww thats too cute. Kids are so innocent / curious!

ATLanta Saving Moms said... Reply To This Comment

This is too funny! :)

Grandma Juice said... Reply To This Comment

That's awesome!! Ya just gotta love little boys!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Haha, gotta love 'em!

Staci @ 7 on a Shoestring said... Reply To This Comment

Totally reminds me of my now 6 yr old. She would get upset every time she had a bowel movement b/c she could not figure out what was wrong with her. We assured her it was normal but she insisted on wanting to see every one else's "hole" too. Gotta love kids! :)

Ellen said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my. Kids say the funniest things.