Dreams and Wishes #NaBloPoMo

I've never had much in the way of disposable income. Even right out of high school I was working full time to put myself through college. So thinking about what I'd like to jump into if I had more time and money is hard. Because I feel as if I start thinking about it I'll get my hopes up.

Thoughts of remodeling the home and adding a second story, traveling around the US, purchasing the reading material needed to become a doula.

If I had to choose though, I'd jump into a plane and fly over to Switzerland to be with my BFF while she completes the end of her pregnancy. She'll be welcoming her little boy into the world in just a few short months and I miss her horribly. Just being close to her, offering support and back massages, and giving her a little taste of what her life will be like with children. You know... cause I couldn't leave the kids at home!

Grand visions of walking to the market, eating yummy foods, and maybe doing a bit of traveling pop into my head. Enjoying our time together and chatting it up into the wee hours of the night.  I miss that. I know she probably does too.

We currently have the internet to connect. Totally different than our prior relationship and something that takes some getting used to.

What sucks about not being able to be there for her is the fact that she was there for my son's birth. She was my doula and helped work me through everything into the wee hours of the night. She showed me strength and continued her support of me even after he was born.

Last time I was in Switzerland I was pregnant with my son. My husband and I enjoyed the sights of Switzerland and Italy and were kindly welcomed into my best friend's home. We wouldn't have been able to make that trip if it hadn't been for her hospitality. And I loved being able to catch a glimpse into her new world. So different than here.

I also had the chance to meet her now-husband at the beginning of their relationship. I think it worked out quite nicely! And I'm so glad we were able to get to know him even for a brief period of time.

So while I know we probably won't be able to jump into this dream adventure I've concocted, I will be here supporting my friend in this amazing time in her life. Sending her positive vibes, thinking good thoughts, and praying that labor comes easily and naturally with no complications. I love you Miranda!

What is something you'd like to jump into if you had more time/money?

3 comment(s) with love:

Miranda said... Reply To This Comment

<3 <3 Aww momma that's very sweet <3 <3 i also wish you were here with the kiddos to eat at yummy markets and stay up all night chattin'!!! And the birth, I can't even go into because i'm too emotional!! xoxo

Erika McDaniel said... Reply To This Comment

I'm having a hard time figuring out what that would be for me, but I had to comment on how sweet this sentiment is for your special friend. What a gift!

becky said... Reply To This Comment

Aw, what a sweet sentiment for your friend!