Yes, I'm talking about weight loss again.
Because I have a confession to make. I'm now 10lbs over my last weigh in number posted here. And I'm depressed about my weight. I can't even write it down.
It's a vicious cycle. First I made excuses because at the beginning of March, when I was going to start the 17-day diet, my grandmother was in the hospital and stayed there for over a month (she is now out of the hospital and doing better than she was), then I had some personal struggles that I had to work out, and by the time I was able to finally start putting the focus back on me I was already full of excuses and anger.
So I busied myself with life and forgot about weighing myself, tracking my food, and getting to the gym.
But it's time to STOP! I am determined to meet goal by my 29th birthday in March 2013 and I have a plan. Since I want to lose 50 lbs in 9months I'm going to break it up into three goals starting on June 1st, 2012 -
1. Lose 20lbs by August for BlogHer'12
2. Lose another 20lbs by New Years
3. Lose the last few pounds by March 20th, 2013
And here's how I'm going to do it:
- Weight Watchers - I'll post weekly updates of my weigh ins including a picture of the scale (eek!)
- Shakeology - I will be using this awesome dietary supplement to replace one meal each day
- Workout at least 5 days a week at the YMCA and at home - with helpful online guidance from Coach Kristen
- Food Journal - I'll be photographing each meal and snack I eat and tweeting it with the hashtag #simmwlc on top of logging it on the Weight Watchers website
- Monthly updates on the first of each month starting in June WITH pictures including a giveaway for a healthy product that's helped aid my weight loss and help keep me fit
And if you're interested, you can join along too!
I'm looking for at least 8 other bloggers to join me in promoting a healthy lifestyle while sharing the products we love with our readers starting on June 1st, 2012. Along our journey we'll share our stories, post monthly recaps, and participate in giveaways each month.
If you are interested in joining me on this weight-loss challenge link up below and email me at email@example.com
If you're interested, read below for the requirements:
- Post an introduction post with goals and start weight or, if you aren't comfortable with revealing your weight, the amount you want to lose (no need to link to this blog if you don't want to! And pictures are optional)
- Post at least one blog post a month with a weigh in update and personal recap of the following month
- Host one giveaway in the 9 month period for a product that's helped you lose weight, get fit, or improve your health and include at least one follow link for each blog in the group (self-sponsored is ok)
- Post the rafflecopter form for the latest giveaway in your monthly update
Would you like to have your product promoted as part of the Simmworks Weight-Loss Challenge Giveaway Events?
To participate in one of the monthly events, you must be willing to provide a full-size, non-returnable product to be reviewed by one of the Simmworks Weight-Loss Challenge bloggers. You must also be willing to provide and ship a giveaway product to the winner(s) of the Simmworks Weight-Loss Challenge giveaway event. Products must be valued at a minimum of $25.
Giveaway products may be offered as part of one large prize package including other sponsored products or may be broken down into themed packages depending on the number of confirmed sponsors for that month.
If you would like more information on becoming a sponsor for the Simmworks Weight-Loss Challenge Giveaway Event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. By clicking through to the sponsor's website your are helping support the Simmworks Family Blog.