Slater's 50/50 Restaurant Review {@Slaters5050 Review}


A few months ago a new restaurant opened up close to my home. As soon as I found out what their name meant I knew our family would love to try it out. Slater's 50/50 is a burger joint famous for their 50% beef and 50% ground bacon burgers. You heard me right. Ground bacon. In a burger. How much better can it get?

Well... it can get better! I made my own burger and called it the Simmworks Special. I selected the 50/50 burger and added brie, 50/50 sauce, grilled onions, and onions & tomatoes. When it came out my jaw dropped.

Oh my word was this a lot of burger!

Not only was the burger packed with flavor but it was perfectly cooked.


Along with my burger I ordered half sweet potato fries and half fried pickles. The fries came with this amazingly delicious pumpkin dipping sauce. I still dream about that sauce. Mmmm...

The fried pickles were exactly as I imagined and cooked to dill perfection. Paired with a mustard sauce they were the definition of comfort food.


I was waay too full to partake in the dessert offerings but was impressed with their tasty sounding dishes including a bacon brownie. I plan on returning just to indulge in this bad boy.


Since trying out Slater's 50/50 San Diego I've been back again twice to bring friends and family over to try their delicious burgers. Most recently I took my mother-in-law. I ordered the sliders for my son and I to share and she ordered the pastrami. It was as big as my daughter's head and very tasty. 


Slater's is a burger place that I know will satisfy my craving and has proven to have excellent service, quality and selection.

Check Slater's 50/50 out on Facebook and follow them on Twitter to keep up with the latest. And make sure to check out their menu. You're sure to find a tasty treat that will take care of any craving you might have.


Disclaimer: I received a free meal courtesy of Slater's 50/50 in San Diego. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comment(s) with love:

Dawn said... Reply To This Comment

Pumpkind dipping sauce sounds interesting! The burgers sound good, too. Thanks for the review!

Dawn
www.cheapisthenewclassy.com

Kecia said... Reply To This Comment

That burger looks yummy....and HUGE! They definitely give you huge helpings. I love fried pickles and your photo makes me want some now :)