Case of the Mondays

Do you ever have a day that just, well, sucks?

That was totally me this Monday. I don't know what was going on but on Monday the universe hated me. Sure, I tried to make the best of it and moved forward but I'm still feeling the impact and not in a good way.

Monday started out like any other day. Woke up to my son rubbing my arm and my daughter slapping my chest asking to nurse. We got up, I made coffee and fixed breakfast, and logged in online to check email, facebook, work stuff, etc while the kids watched Curious George.

And what do I see as soon as I open my email? An email notifying me that an order I placed online was cancelled due to an item being out of stock. Why in the heck would an online retailer, in this internet-crazed world, not be able to update their site with the correct availability BEFORE emailing a great deal? When you email something to your subscribers you want them to buy, right?

So I just left it at that and won't be returning to purchase the item when it's in stock. 

Then there was a last minute change to our planned playdate due to the weather and I had to deal with an upset 3 year old and try to explain why we couldn't go play. That was easily resolved when I made other plans with another mama friend. 

Of course, as I'm trying to convince my son that it's not the end of the world and we'd be going to the park at the beach instead, my egg cups burned. Who wants burnt eggs for breakfast? Not my picky eaters!

Three for three and it wasn't even 8am. 

Then as we're headed out the door to make it to our new playdate my daughter decides it'd be a great time to put her shoe in the toilet. It was dirty and needed a bath, right?

We finally got into the car, fed, dressed (minus the soggy shoe), and ready for fun when my cell phone started acting up. Now this isn't the first time my stupid phone started going on the fritz. But since I wasn't familiar with getting to the park we were headed to I desperately needed the Maps app to work. And work correctly.

When you need technology it just isn't there for you, right? But I figured it out and made it to the park.


But we made the most of our day and enjoyed the beautiful weather at the beach. It was overcast, but warm, and the kids had a blast in the sand and water. They shared toys, snacks, and I shared a moment of peace with the other mamas as our kids happily played in front of us.


The worst part about my day, though? The fact that I gained 3lbs and was over my starting weight from two weeks ago. How in the heck did that happen? Oh, did I mention I was back on Weight Watchers again? I'll have to leave the weight loss for another post.

So even though the day started out like crap it wasn't as bad as it seemed as I was going through it.But I think it created a chain reaction. Needles to say, I can't wait for this week to be over! Luckily I'll end my week with Mamafest and Legoland. Good friends and family time. Perfection.

Have you ever had a case of the Mondays? 


4 comment(s) with love:

Ghada said... Reply To This Comment

YES!! lol and my case of the mondays can come any day of the week lately. Sounds like you will have a nice end to the week :)

Barb Webb said... Reply To This Comment

So been there, and not just on Mondays! LOL Hugs to you- sounds like you have awesome plans, though- enjoy :)

Gena @ Life With Captain Fussybuckets said... Reply To This Comment

LOL! So not funny, but in a way, you gotta laugh, right? I hate that when it rains, it pours! I hope it gets better for you!

Kari said... Reply To This Comment

So glad we could make your day a little better. Love the pics of the girls in the swing!

Here's hoping next week will be better for the both of us!

Kari