Dear M: Four Months Old



Oh my little one, you are getting so exploratory. You are curious about the things around you and love to put anything you can grab in your mouth. You crane your neck to follow your brother and the dog around the room and are always happy to be held by other people.

I am loving how verbal you are getting. You say "bababababa" and "ahdadadadada" already and are starting to play with your tongue a lot. You like to stick it out of your mouth while vocalizing and making lots of fun noises. I'm thinking you may be able to communicate your wants and needs very clearly soon. Not that I don't already understand your cues for hunger and sleep already by just watching you. You like to tell mama what you want :)

You are starting to get more mobile as well. You hold your neck and head up very well and try to sit on your own already (although you just tip over right now). As seen in the picture above, you are trying to hold yourself in a sitting position but just can't quite do it just yet. When I am taking you out of your infant carrier you strain your head and neck out to try and sit up in an effort to help me get you out. You also are able to scoot your body around on your play mat to get to other hanging toys while laying on your back and laying on your tummy.

You are doing great at tummy time. You've never complained much about being on your stomach and when you get tired of it you usually just lay your head  down and nom on your fist. It's pretty cute. Your hands and fingers are almost always in your mouth. Much more so than your brother. You are constantly gumming and sucking on them. Not sure if this is just part of your oral exploration or if you're teething. I'm sure it's a little of both.

You are beautiful, petite girl. You are currently 12 pounds 10 ounces and 25 inches long. That puts you in the 25th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. Much different than your brother at this age. I was definitely wondering why you felt so light in my arms and than I looked at the difference between you and your brother. He was a whopping 5 pounds heavier than you at this point!! But you guys are only an inch different in height. It's amazing how different you two are. In a good way, of course! I hope that you get to keep your long and lean body... you'll appreciate it when you get older.

I can't think of anything else I wanted to mention but I'll update later if I do! I am loving watching you change, little miss! You are such a joy in our lives.





And some outtakes:






You were MUCH happier laying down on your belly than sitting up and kept on doing this over and over when Mommy was trying to take pictures. Such a silly girl!

0 comment(s) with love: