The New 'Do

So it's done! I got my hair cut and had a fabulous time too. Debbie is always such a pleasure to work with. Seriously... she's awesome. Not only does she know my hair she also can suggest ways of using my inspiration and turning it into something that will work for my hair type and my face/body/lifestyle.

I told her exactly what I wanted. A short cut that I could still put in a small pony tail. I wanted to be able to either wash and air dry OR style curly or straight. And she looked at the pictures I posted, chose two to combine/go with (#2 and #4) based on my hair type. I also told her what Joseph said since he was super worried we'd go to short and she took that into consideration as well.

Here's a before (shot minutes before I left with no styling whatsoever... just a quick brush):

Before

And here's the after:

After - Back

After - Front

I love it. When I wash and let it dry natural it'll be about an inch and a half shorter. I was worried it wasn't short enough but she reminded me that she blow dried it straight so it is showing more length. Plus she knew that keeping that extra inch plus would please Joseph. As she said, "Men like feminine and long hair is more feminine to them." This is exactly how Joseph thinks!

The best part about it is that if I don't like the length (want to go shorter) or want more layers I just call Debbie up and come in for a touch up so I'm completely happy with the cut. What other hairstylist would be this dedicated to their art? Seriously... if you need a new hairstylist go to Debbie!

And in the near future Debbie will be on Facebook and Twitter so I'll be able to link pictures of her work soon!

5 comment(s) with love:

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

Super cute! Love it!

Miranda said... Reply To This Comment

you look really great Danielle - your hair and skin look so health, your teeth and eyes very white . . . you just look vibrant & alive!

love the new haircut too!!

Jess and the boys said... Reply To This Comment

You look so beautiful! I LOVE it! Congrats on the new you! :)

Natalie | Make Today Great said... Reply To This Comment

Oh, I love it!! You look gorgeous. It fits your face shape perfectly!

I love a good stylist who is willing to go the extra mile to make things work. What would we do without them?

Ann said... Reply To This Comment

Danielle, I love your haircut!
Your MIL