Starting The Nursery: Paint

Joseph asked me as we were moving out the large desk/bunk bed what I wanted to do with the wall... how I wanted to paint it. I said I just wanted to paint it blue like I told him before. He than asked if there was any certain design or style I wanted to do like in E's nursery (he has yellow and green stripes on one wall). Than he suggested diamonds.

He quickly realized how much work it would be to paint on diamonds and decided he was going to look for wallpaper instead. We really didn't have time to special order anything so we took a trip to Lowes, Ikea & Home Depot to see if they had anything in stock. Lowes had about 5-6 styles in stock but nothing that screamed our theme so we moved on to Home Depot. Home Depot carries no wallpaper whatsoever. I even called Ace Hardware and they don't carry any either. But we did find a dresser at Ikea for the nursery so it wasn't a complete failure of an outing.

So...

I told Joseph that I just wanted something done this weekend and I really, really liked the diamond idea. So we bought some blue masking tape (weren't sure how old ours was and didn't know how much we'd use) and were out of Home Depot. And I have to tell you... diamonds were definitely the best choice! I LOVE how the wall turned out. And even though nothing is going on this wall (our computer desk will be facing the window) I love how it will complete the room.

Here are a few photos from our taping and painting adventure (E provided popcorn and water for Daddy but quickly decided he wanted it more than Daddy did):










3 comment(s) with love:

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

Looks fantastic! E will love the photos of him helping paint lil sis's room. So cute!

The Blatchford Family said... Reply To This Comment

Love it!

Miranda said... Reply To This Comment

love it!!! also can't get enough of E's painting outfit / hahaha. miss you guys! xo