2 Months Old!

My baby is 2 months old today! Can you believe it? I can't! We went for our well-baby visit today and Ethan is 12 pounds 1.3 ounces and 23 1/4 inches long. Whoa baby, he's grown! I mean, I can totally tell that Ethan's bigger just by how he fits in my arms now and can tell he gained weight because he feels heavier but I didn't realize he would almost double in weight! Guess me and my milk are doing something right.

With the well-baby visit came vaccination shots :( But Ethan was a trooper. I am using the Dr. Sears alternative vaccination schedule so he only received one shot and one oral. The nurse was surprised by how well he took the oral because she said most babies hate it. He sucked it down like a champ! And she said that most babies can't suckle from the dispenser as well as he could. He has one strong tongue! Once she gave him the shot he cried for all of 30 seconds and than quickly quieted down to nurse. By the time we got to the car he was all smiles.

The pediatrician was happy with his growth and development. She was surprised by how strong he is and how well he holds his head up while on his tummy. He was definitely a show off today. He did get very fussy because they took forever to see us! We had a 9:30 appointment so we left the house at 9am (Ethan only got 45 minutes of sleep for his 1st a.m. nap). We didn't see the doctor until 10:15 (they sent a resident in first and than the pedi came in and did the same things the resident did) and didn't get out of the place until 10:45. Ethan was EXHAUSTED!

Now he is sleeping away in his swing after sleeping in my arms from 11:30-2pm. The shots must have worn him out but I'm told that's whats to be expected. So glad we didn't give him 5 shots!

Hopefully he'll wake up long enough for me to take his 2-month picture for you. If not, we'll just have to use yesterday's pictures :)

0 comment(s) with love: