Find Your Number with @SleepNumberSara - I'm a 35! #sleepnumberm9

What is the one thing that America goes home to at night?

Their beds! Beds play an important role in our lives and in our health. They can be the root cause of many ailments, arguments, and issues with couples and it's not just what side we're sleeping on.

Recently I've been having quite a bit of back pain. And with that has come irritability and just plain grumpiness. And I've come to realize that it's because of my sleep, or lack thereof, in a comfortable bed. And I got a glimpse into what could be my future when I visited my local Sleep Number store.


Finding Your Number
At Sleep Number, your comfort is their main priority. And they've designed a line of beds to do just that. As soon as I walked into the doors of Sleep Number, Dave, my kind salesman, took me around the store and introduced me to a world I didn't know existed. Peace and comfort in a bed.

Not only does Sleep Number carry a large line of beds, each one is unique and each one has a different set of options. There's a Sleep Number for every person and every price point.

The first thing we did was find my Sleep Number. I sat down and we got to see just where my pressure points were and how much support I needed. The average person is between a 30 and 40 but Dave's seen a range everywhere between 1-100 in his 16 years with Sleep Number. I was happily in the middle of the average with a 35.


The Perfect Fit
Next we headed out to try the different models they had on the floor. I didn't realize there was so much variety in each bed and loved the differences as we moved our way up. And each bed we tried was honestly amazing. From the comfort level to the added perks as we moved our way through the beds I started to realize just how important our beds are and how important a perfect fit is.

The Sleep Number beds come in 4 Series:
  • Classic Series
  • Performance Series (the most popular)
  • Memory Foam Series
  • Innovation Series
Each series is defined by the different options they include and I could definitely tell a difference when trying out each bed. We started with the Classic Series and as I laid down and we turned the number to 35 I felt as if I were in my own bed with the perks of more support and comfort. The Classic Series includes the Sleep Number original bed with a whisper-quiet remote.




The next bed we tried was from the Performance Series, the most popular bed in the store! That might have something to do with the fact that it's priced just right and is very comfortable.

The Performance Series includes:
  • Exclusive SLEEP NUMBER® DualAir™ technology lets you quietly adjust firmness on each side of the mattress for ideal comfort.
  • 11-inch Pillowtop Plush, supportive comfort for more restful sleep. (12-inch for the P6)
  • 2-inch exclusive comfort layer naturally supports your body's curves. (3-inch for the P6)
  • Wireless, digital remote. Plus memory button for your favorite setting.
  • Fits standard bedding and bedroom furniture.

To find out more about the Performance Series, check out this comparison of the P5 and P6.


Customization and Innovation
Sometimes the feel of the bed isn't everything. We want a bed to look good and compliment our rooms. That is where the customization of each component of Sleep Number comes in. When choosing a Sleep Number, customers can decide on what frames, bases, and bed components go with their new bed.

They've also included a customized experience with their new line of Sleep Number headboards. From the modern to the contemporary, this line of headboards is stunning and compliments the Sleep Number beds perfectly.


Comfort Doesn't Just Stop At Beds
With the Sleep Number series, customers are also able to customize their sleep experience even further with the help of  technology. From temperature, to allergy reduction, Sleep Number has come up with a line of amazing products to help make your night a whole lot better.

When choosing the accessories to go with your beds, there's no lack of options. Here are a few key things to think of when making your decision:

With a daughter who sweats like crazy at night and a family filled with allergies, I've grown quite fond of the Temperature Balancing and Natural Allergy Defense options with Sleep Number. From mattress pads, pillows, and sheets, by choosing what type of products we need we can asure ourselves a truly great night's sleep with Sleep Number.


I highly suggest stopping by and experiencing Sleep Number in person. Had it not been for my amazing salesman Dave, I would have had no clue the level of comfort I could experience with Sleep Number. They're truly a no-pressure sales team who care only about providing a quality experience for their customers.

The level of detail Dave went into throughout my visit definitely opened my eyes to the possibilities Sleep Number has to offer. If you're in San Diego and heading to UTC soon, I would definitely recommend asking for Dave. He was fabulous!

And I'm sure in a few years when it's time for me to get a new mattress, I'll be finding Dave again. Not only does he work at Sleep Number, he also owns quite a few of their beds (and has given them as gifts to his kids!). Now that's believing in what you sell!

Interested in learning more about Sleep Number? Find a location and head on into a store near you today! 

You can also find Sleep Number on Facebook or follow them on twitter at @SleepNumberSara.

What type of mattress are you sleeping on?

Disclaimer: I received a Sleep Number Cool Fit pillow in exchange for this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

6 comment(s) with love:

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

I have never tried a sleep number before. I could use some sleep help right now too!

Literary Winner said... Reply To This Comment

A Sleep Number bed sounds dreamy right now! I'm interested to learn about their different types of beds. My parents owned one when they first come out and I'd like to see how they've changed since then.

Erin S said... Reply To This Comment

I would love to know my number! Their beds are great!
Erinn @3sonshavei

Kari said... Reply To This Comment

We are using the cheapest mattress we could find, sadly!

These seem like the beds of the future- fully customizable. The number system seems really cool. I wonder how they figured out your number? Maybe I will have to stop in a store and see for myself. ;)

Tiffany C. said... Reply To This Comment

My hubby and I are IN LOVE with our tempur-pedic mattress. We couldn't be happier with it. I have tried a Sleep Number at the store at our mall and I have to say, it's pretty comfy too.

LaVonne said... Reply To This Comment

I'd love to know my sleep number! This is cool. Thanks for sharing. We have had our mattress set for 13 years! It is time for a new one for sure. I will have to check this out.