Jeepers Creapers! #NaBloPoMo

There are hardly any animals out there that truly make me nervous.

One of those would have to be large spiders. It's not that I don't like them, I do. I just don't like them in my house, on my person, or around my kids. They can stay camped up on our hill and eat our bugs and other small creatures.

I love that they keep the pest population down. But they just give me the heeby jeebies!

I think that this may have stemmed from watching Arachnophobia at too young of an age. I was in daycare and had to be in the first or second grade when my first crush, Michael S., introduced me to the many bugs and arachnids he loved.

And since he loved them I had to!

After that I was cool with all of the things girls my age were supposed to be squeamish about. I had no problem chasing and catching lizards, crickets, worms, and snails. I'd even give the morning snails outside my apartment a kiss or two before I left. And I'd dare my sister to do the same.

Then, and I have no recollection of where or why, I watched Arachnophobia the movie. And I was scarred for life. Now every time I see a large spider I feel my skin crawl, my heart beat faster, and my mind immediately goes to an image of a whole town covered in spider webs. Because, you know, that one spider I may run into more than likely has friends. And they're coming to get me...

Which animals make you jumpy and nervous?

2 comment(s) with love:

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Spiders *in* my house is not cool, but we have two or three spiders that I call our "pets" that live outside our front door. They help keep the bugs away from our front door so as long as they stay outside, they can remain alive! LOL

Headant said... Reply To This Comment

I'm not a big fan of any sort of snakes but my kids love them. We must always visit the reptile house at the zoo which includes "Rattlesnake Canyon."