Ethan Joseph is here!

He was born on Sunday, February 22nd at 2:45pm. Delivery went well (as it could have). Water broke at 7:45am. We called L & D shortly after (I took a shower and ate first). They told us to come in. We came in and I was having no contractions/no pain and was only 1cm dilated. We tried to walk around a bit to get contrax going but weren't progressing so they had to put me on pitocin :(

I tried to labor it out without going for meds but had to at least get something to take the edge off. At that time I was 3cm dilated. When that wore off I couldn't handle it anymore and went for the epidural. I was about 4 cm dilated at the time. After an hour or two of intense pressure they checked again and I was at 9cm! Shortly thereafter I was ready and so was he. His head was right there ready to come out!

After 30 minutes of pushing he joined us. Throughout the pushing I had no tears and than when he came out I did tear quite a bit because he came so fast. But I don't mind it. He's just perfect. He's 7 pounds 13.5 ounces and 21 inches long. He has blonde hair like his mama and papa and his eyes are gray-blue for now. We'll see what they are in a few months. More pictures to come when we get settled.

3 comment(s) with love:

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

He is just so beautiful! Congrats to you guys! I'm sorry that you didn't get to go all natural like you wanted but I am relieved that you had some pain relief. I'm sure it was much better for you and baby that way. Love you guys! Congrats!

Jenifire said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats Dani. He's beautiful!

Pilar said... Reply To This Comment

Awww... Great birth story!!! Did you get the crib in the nursery yet??? Oh, I keep forgetting to tell you, I've been wanting to call but I'm afraid I'll finally will and you'll be taking a nap or that Ethan finally fell asleep :-S But just know that I'm thinking about you guys!!!